The BALSA Foundation is a non-profit organization run entirely by part-time volunteers. We rely on the energy and generosity of the St. Louis entrepreneurial community to fulfill our mission. Here are some ways you can help:
- Be an Idea Supporter. Idea Supporters review business ideas of first time entrepreneurs in a critical but constructive way, and are the backbone of our Idea Support program. Idea Supporters have significant business or entrepreneurial experience and are willing to write a thoughtful review roughly once a month or two. See list of Idea Supporters.
- Be a Volunteer. Volunteers work with officers on specific tasks and typically contribute 1-3 hours per week. We are looking for help in a number of areas, including social media, community outreach, photography/video work, and web site development.
- Be an Officer. Officers work closely with the Executive Director to manage the Foundation's operations, and participate in governance as members of the Board of Directors. Officers are elected in September for one-year terms and generally contribute 5-10 hours per week. We currently have openings for several officer positions, including
- Contribute to the BALSA Grant Fund and In-Kind Donations. The BALSA Grant awards up to $5,000 in non-dilutive grants as well as professional services from local companies. We welcome both financial and in-kind donations to help fund the BALSA Grant. Donate here or contact us.
- Spread the Word. Being a recognized resource for first time St. Louis entrepreneurs is central to our success. We prioritize outreach to minority, immigrant, and other under-resourced communities.
If you'd like to help in any way, please contact us! Your support of The BALSA Foundation helps empower our best and brightest to work toward a better, more equitable St. Louis.