We are delighted to announce the Spring 2016 BALSA Grant finalists and their awards!
Our Spring 2016 BALSA Grant program received 143 submissions from a variety of business types and industries, which were reviewed by an external panel of local entrepreneurs. Ten finalists pitched their ideas at our awards ceremony and received cash grants totaling $10,000. All finalists also received in-kind awards of over $30,000, including co-working space from Tech Artista and T-Rex, legal services from Polsinelli, accounting services from BDO, and marketing support from Clear To Launch.
Our finalists and their BALSA Grant cash awards are,
- Carla C. Soll, Anointed Cake Creations, $2250
- Laura Shields, Arabicano, $1500
- LaTausha DeBoise, ReddyWear, $1250
- Pamela Nolan, Script-Loons, $1000
- Janelle Mack, 2Geez Catering, $1000
- Ashley Clay, Bella Noir Event Rentals, $1000
- Sonia Deal, DEAL-C2, $500
- Arnold Tutson Jr., Rescue Cuts, $500
- Thurman Rhodes, DADDYS, $500
- Karen Buckley, MicroPopShop, $500
The BALSA Foundation will continue to engage with our finalists as they establish their business and work to make it grow. We will provide workshops on business topics, one-on-one mentoring, and opportunities to meet with local business owners for in-depth guidance and advice.
Congratulations and best wishes to all of our finalists!