We are delighted to announce our Spring 2017 BALSA Grant Finalists! These ten first time entrepreneurs will each receive a $1000 cash grant, in-kind donations of professional services, and ongoing mentorship to help start and grow their business:
- Amanda Colon-Smith, Leche Love Notes
- Kathleen Cook, Esso Skin Care
- Latonja Flowers, Sahgol Jewelry Co
- Sade Hobson Singleton, Doohicky Craftique, LLC
- Madeline Jackson, NanaComb Vision, LLC
- Shannon Koenig, Insprawear
- Andrew Lau, mDental
- Tim McIntyre, My Neighbor's Garage
- Jessica "Merlin" Whitman, The Tiny Hedgehog
- Candi Tenney and Rita Childers, CORE + RIND
You can read more about all our finalists here.
Our finalists ceremony featured a panel discussion by several of our past BALSA Grant Finalists including: Arriel Bivens-Biggs, Young Biz Kidz; Carrie Lewis, Sweet Life Gourmet; Janelle Mack, 2Geez Catering; and Patrice Hill, Inali Jewelry. A big thanks to all of our finalists for sharing their personal experiences and to Jade Harrell , Founder and CEO of RareGem Productions for moderating!
Photos by Constantino Schillebeeckx. Program by Brittany Riehlman.