We are delighted to announce our Spring 2018 BALSA Grant Finalists! These ten first time entrepreneurs will each receive a $1000 cash grant, in-kind donations of professional services, and ongoing mentorship to help start and grow their business:
- Arielle Abramzik-Travelstead, Vibrantly Mindful
- Ronelle Bailey, True Wardrobe
- Erika Chavez Lopez, A Dream Cleaning Company
- Brittanie Goldsby, Speaker Leaks
- Kianna Hill, Soaps by Ki
- Kathy Horry, G.I.F.T.E.D Music Mentor Program
- Christopher Miller, Aerospace CRM
- Joe Monahan, Apotheosis City Project
- Wendy Todd, Carbon
- Myisa Whitlock, Pop Up Professionals
You can read more about the finalists here.
The award ceremony featured a conversation with Jason Wilson, CEO of Northwest Coffee Roasting hosted by Dr. Cheryl Watkins Moore, Director of the BIOSTL Inclusion Initiative. The conversation covered Jason’s scrappy professional background that brought him to the success he is currently experiencing in his career, his thoughts for promoting a more diverse and inclusive Saint Louis, and how he ended up on camera handing Joe Biden a bag of coffee.
See our press release here.
Photos from the Spring 2018 BALSA Grant Award Ceremony